1949 MG TC started the interest in MG’s in the Martine
family, and Homer Martine purchased this TC in 1951. He drove
it daily for more than 20 years.
Don Martine drove it during high school and junior college.
The black & white picture shows Don and his son Gordon in
the car in the 50’s.
is a totally stock and original MGTC with just two owners. It
has a 1250 cc push rod engine, dual SU carburetors, , 4 speed
transmission, hydraulic brakes, 19” wire wheels. They
made 10,000 TC roadsters, 2000 of them were exported to the
USA. The basic design for the TC was introduced in 1937 as the
TA. production stopped during World War II and resumed in 1946
with a wider body and a better engine, and was then called a
dad loved cars and owned Franklins for many years. Don learned
to drive in one of his dad's Franklins. When he could no longer
get parts for them, he bought the TC and a Volvo for his mother.