MG D Tourer
1932 MG D Tourer was completed 3/5/32 in the Abington factory
and sold 5/20/32 to Mrs. JV Rushton. PJ Evans Ltd was a dealer
selling the car.
original colors were Old Ivory and Light Fawn. The D is a tiny
four seater with an 847 cc over head cam engine, a three speed
gearbox with a remote control, 8 inch drum cable operated brakes
and center lock 19” wire wheels.
sold reasonably well with 250 made but very few have survived.
Most MG’ers would not recognize one and it is totally
skipped in some MG books.
is unknown how it arrived in the USA – but was owned for
many years in Southern California by Harvey Schnaer. Later,
Don Martine purchased the D from Harveys son Michael.
is complete but in need of a total restoration. This car is
a little under powered with the very small engine but was very
cheap for a 4 passenger tourer at only 210 British pounds.